Health and Safety Specialist
The Health and Safety Specialist is responsible for identifying, promoting, and completing health and safety initiatives throughout the Plants. The Health and Safety Specialist must work both independently and together with the Plant Leadership to create a safe workplace environment. Using knowledge of OSHA Standards and State and Local Regulations, the Health and Safety Specialist will provide regular guidance and knowledge to the departments, address any immediate hazards, and understand and react to any potentially hazardous exposures. The ideal candidate will be self-motivated and thrive in a fast-paced work environment with complex operations.
- Implement and oversee H&S Program including meeting ISO 45001 & FPS requirements and participate in internal & external audits.
- Drive injury and fatality prevention, and hazard assessment efforts and activities.
- Ensure compliance with legislative requirements, including Health and Safety training requirements.
- Oversee incident investigations, drive Root Cause Analysis, track open items and ensure closure.
- Assist with and lead lift truck and crane training programs.
- Continuously monitor the Plant work environment and inspect equipment/facilities for hazards and safety violations and recommend safety features/devices to protect workers from injury.
- Effectively complete and maintain Risk Assessments.
- Develop and maintain Health and Safety procedures and JSA’s and train affected employees.
- Develop procedures and processes to ensure compliance to safety standards including hazard communication, slip/trip/falls, fall protection, confined space, hot work, lockout/tag-out (LOTO) utilizing the Brady Link360 Safety Software, machine guarding, hand-held tools, electrical, PPE, emergency shower and eyewash, and chemical management.
- Maintain orderly recording and keeping of physical and electronic safety documents and records, including distributing new documents and discarding obsolete records.
- Provide performance metric information for monthly management review, including accident data, CAR over 30 days, RCA open items over 30 days, shop floor audit compliance, and others as directed.
- Develop and/or coordinate employee safety training programs and effectively maintain and control training records.
- Assist with emergency responses and drills.
- Document, follow up, and follow through with corrective actions for identified unsafe conditions.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical related discipline a plus (but not required).
- Two (2) to five (5) years safety experience in a manufacturing environment a plus.
- Ability and desire to obtain continued education, certification, and training.
- Knowledge and proficiency of Microsoft Office, particularly Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint, Word, and MS Teams.
- Ability to identify workplace safety hazards and conditions for job-related tasks.
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment and independently with minimal supervision.
- Excellent organizational skills, with precise attention to detail.
- Strong verbal, written, analytical and persuasive skills and the ability to interact effectively with all levels of employees and management.
- Demonstrates leadership skills, confidence, and fosters positive relationships.
- Willing and able to work nights, weekends and/or holidays.
Candidate must be available for potential travel, possess the physical ability to climb stairs, bend, stoop and move throughout the plant as needed, sit for long periods of time, perform repetitive movements, occasionally lift up to 30 pounds and possess the ability to hear and speak clearly, in English, in person and over the phone.
« Back to Careers