The primary function of this position is to analyze problems, develop solutions, specify electrical equipment, design electrical systems, and modify existing systems. The Electrical Engineer must understand the production process and work as a facilitator between production, maintenance, and outside contractors. The position must also place a heavy emphasis on using his or her education, experience, and skills to improve safety.
- Designing electrical panels.
- Commission electrical equipment and systems.
- Develop the conceptual design of capital projects, P.A.R.s, and other projects.
- Providing technical assistance in diagnosis of electrical malfunctions
- Managing projects from beginning through implementation
- Designing, installing, and improving engineered electrical control systems
- Designing schematic drawings for delivery with newly designed manufacturing equipment
- PLC programming and checkout
- Programming standard HMI platforms to function as the interface with the PLC/Control system
- Design and manage power distribution equipment
- Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering at a minimum is required.
- Power distribution and related codes experience required.
- PLC programming experience and extensive troubleshooting PLC control systems and PanelView operator interfaces required.
- Ability to read, program and troubleshoot PLC ladder logic or other PLC based machine codes to resolve complex problems and/or optimize machine performance.
- Digital drive (AC and DC) experience required.
- Five or more years experience in high volume manufacturing environment especially in steel pipe or tube is strongly preferred.
- Being involved and possessing knowledge for plant power distribution.
- Experience with Allen Bradley controls and drives preferred.
- Experience with AC and DC cranes and AutoCAD preferred.
- NEC code and standards knowledge and experience.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills including the ability to plan and conduct meetings and training sessions.
- Strong ability to analyze and interpret data/demonstrate excellent problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Possess integrity and respect displaying a high degree of tact and diplomacy
Candidate must possess the physical ability to climb stairs, bend, stoop and move throughout the office/plant as needed, sit for long periods of time, perform repetitive movements, occasionally lift up to 30 pounds and possess the ability to communicate clearly in person or over the phone.
« Back to Careers